Help for your dog’s behavior problem is just a click away.
Is your dog’s behavior driving you up a wall?
Maybe he’s aggressive or reactive towards other dogs or people. Or he chews up the house. Or barks uncontrollably. Or has anxiety brought on by noises, car rides, you leaving the house…or maybe just everything.
First, take a deep breath. We can help. After all, we’re in the business of creating happier dogs and happier humans.
We offer behavior consultations, both in-person and via phone or video chat. We offer pre-made packages for specific behavior problems, and a class designed specifically for your dog’s Human Stranger Fear or Aggression.
Choose from a few effective options for addressing dog behavior problems:
Two-Part Consultation, Two Hours Total
During these private, one-on-one consultations, you’ll get practical solutions that get real results, in addition to peace-of-mind, sanity and a big sigh of relief. We use science- and reward-based methods to solve behavior problems, and we’ve got the credentials and experience to back it up.
We offer consultations in-person (you come to us), via phone, video chat and even via Facebook Messenger! Ah, the joys of modern technology. While certain behavior issues need to be addressed in-person in order to be effectively resolved, behaviors with a star (*) can be addressed in any other format.
We can work with you on virtually any behavior problem, including:
- Aggression or fear towards people (we have a class for this, too!)
- Barking (see our Behavior Packages for help with this)*
- Kids & Dogs: preparing for and living with babies, young children and dogs*
- Food aggression (AKA “Resource Guarding”) treatment and prevention*
- Destructive chewing*
- Separation Anxiety*
- House training (We have a Behavior Package for this one, too!)*
- Submissive urination
- General anxiety
- Impulse control
- Puppy training (we also have a Puppy Class!)
- Basic obedience training (check out our group Training Classes, too)
- Help with unwanted behaviors like jumping on people, play biting and barking*
- Dog-Dog aggression within the household (see our Behavior Packages for help with this)*
- Dogs who are aggressive on leash (see our Behavior Packages for help with this)
- And much more!
Please note that some of these behavior problems are best – and more effectively – addressed via a phone, email, video review and video chat (AKA “Remote Support”). We can discuss this when we schedule our consultation.
More questions? Read our FAQ page.
Pre-Made Behavior Packages
House Training Package: Initial Consultation + Three Hours of Follow-up Support
What: If you’re struggling to teach your puppy or adult dog to eliminate in the right places (i.e. NOT inside your house!), the last thing you want to think about is how to go about fixing it. You just need it fixed! That’s where we come in. We’ve put together this four-hour House Training Package to take the guesswork out of it all. You’ll get:
- An initial, one-hour consultation
- Three hours of follow-up support to get your pup on track
- Video review or video chat sessions as part of your support package, if necessary
- Written materials in PDF format for easy printing and tracking
Where: The initial consultation is typically held via phone, with some video review as needed. Although it’s not required to come to us for a consultation, you’re welcome to if you’d prefer it. Our office is about 8 miles south of Tumwater via I-5. After the initial consultation, we’ll schedule your remaining three hours of support in a way that gets you the help you need – fast.
Barking Package: Initial Consultation + Four Hours of Follow-Up Training & Support
What: Is your dog barking at everything? This package is helpful for two types of barking: if they’re barking at you when they want something (i.e. “Demand Barking”), or they’re barking at noises around the house, noises they hear outside or people coming to the door (i.e. “Watchdog Barking”). We’ve put together this five-hour training package to take get you some peace and quiet! You’ll get:
- An initial, one-hour consultation
- Four hours of follow-up support to get your pup on track
- Written materials to help guide you through your training plan
What it’s NOT: If your dog barks at people or other dogs, this probably isn’t the package for you. Don’t worry, though, we can still help! If they bark at people beyond the door (and they’re very upset about having people in the house or getting approached when out and about), then you probably need our Human Fear & Aggression Class.
Where: Once you purchase your package, we’ll contact you to schedule your first session. These are held at our office, about 8 miles south of Tumwater via I-5 – they can also sometimes be held remotely (via phone or video chat). After the initial consultation, we’ll schedule your remaining three hours of support in a way that gets you the help you need – fast.
Sibling Rivalry Package: Initial Consultation + Five Hours of Follow-Up Training & Support
What: Oh boy, your dogs are fighting. Maybe it’s over food or bones, or maybe it’s just upon sight at this point. It’s one of the most stressful and difficult issues to live with, and we get it. Let’s bring some peace back into your household again! With this package, you get:
- An initial, one-hour consultation
- Five hours of follow-up support to help your dogs live harmoniously with each other. This training needs to be done by you, day in and day out, so your five hours is conducted via phone, video chat and video review and email while you work your protocol. We’re here to give you specific homework and guide you through each step of the way as you make progress.
- Written materials for easy tracking as you work your training plan
Where: The initial consultation is typically held via phone, with some video review as needed. Although it’s not required to come to us for a consultation, you’re welcome to if you’d prefer it. Our office is about 8 miles south of Tumwater, via I-5. After the initial consultation, we’ll schedule your remaining three hours of support in a way that gets you the help you need – fast.
Human Fear & Aggression Class
Ready to Get Started? Here’s What to Do:
Step 1: If you’d like to schedule a consultation, start by contacting us. If you need help specifically with house training, barking or dog-dog aggression, click here to learn about and purchase a Behavior Package. If you need help with Human Fear & Aggression, click here.
Otherwise, a consultation is the best place to start when you need some in-depth or customized behavior help. Or when a class simply won’t work with your schedule or with your dog. Consultations are two parts: a one-hour initial session and a one-hour follow-up, and cost $180 for both parts.
Step 2: We’ll contact you to schedule your consultation. We’ll also ask that you fill out some paperwork beforehand (don’t worry, it’s not much!) so we can prepare for your session.
Step 3: During our consultation, we’ll discuss your concerns and develop a customized, private training plan to get you and your dog.
“I wanted to thank you again for meeting with us last week. That…technique is working amazingly well with Maizey….It’s really incredible to see Maizey’s progress and we wouldn’t have gotten here without you!! The sincerest of thank yous from our whole household!!”
—Rebecca, Andrew, Meeko & Maizey